When you use Ridein, you confide in us with your data. We are committed to honoring that trust. This begins with helping you comprehend our security policies.
This policy defines the manner in which Ridein will collect, hold and protect the information about the website and/or mobile app to test the data we gather, use and share.
Information Collection and Use
- To provide our services. Ridein uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
- This includes using data to:
- create/update accounts
- Provided by users to Ridein, such as during account creation
- Created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data from other sources, such as other users or account owners, business partners, vendors
- enable transportation and delivery services (such as using location data to facilitate a rider or order pickup or delivery), features that involve data sharing (such as fare splitting, ETA sharing, and ratings and compliments), and accessibility features to facilitate use of our services by those with disabilities
- process payments
- track and share the progress of rides or deliveries
- create Ridein travel itineraries and offer related services, such as rides to the airport, rental car reservations, or food deliveries.
- Personalize users’ accounts. We may, for example, present an Ridein Eats user with personalized restaurant or food recommendations based on their prior orders. Please see the section of this notice titled “Choice and transparency” to learn how to object to this use of personal data.
- facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions
- perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- verifying users' identity and eligibility to provide transportation or deliveries, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- In certain regions, this includes Ridein’s Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers and delivery persons to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the driver or delivery person using the app matches the Ridein account we have on file. We may also use this feature to complete other actions on your account, such as verifying change of bank account information or regaining account access.
- Where permitted by law, we may also use selfies to verify that users are wearing masks, helmets or other safety gear through the use of object verification technology, where permitted by law.
- In addition, where permitted by law, we may use facial recognition technology to process user profile photographs, identification photographs, or other user-submitted photographs for the sole purpose of preventing identity-borrowing or use of our services by unauthorized drivers or delivery people.
- using data from drivers’ or delivery persons’ devices to detect unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices. We also use data from delivery persons’ devices to verify the type of vehicles they used to provide deliveries.
- using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing use of our services by unauthorized drivers or delivery persons, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts.
- using user ratings, reported incidents, and other feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating users with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain countries.
- sharing user name, location, phone number, vehicle details and other relevant information with third-party companies that support the management and de-escalation of interpersonal conflicts that may occur between users while on a trip or in the process of making a delivery.
- using ratings, usage and other data to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because one user previously gave the other a one-star rating).
- Customer support. Ridein uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
- Research and development. We may use personal data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
- Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pick-up location, a rider may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery person may call an order recipient with information about their order.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Ridein’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
- Ridein performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of Ridein’s legitimate interests in investigating and responding to claims and disputes relating to use of Ridein’s services and features, and/or necessary for compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride, or the delivery fee for Ridein Eats orders, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using Ridein at a given moment.
- matching available drivers and delivery persons to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors such as likelihood to accept a trip based on their past behavior or preferences. Please see here for further information about our matching process.
- determining user ratings, and deactivating users with low ratings. In the European Union or where otherwise required by law, such deactivation occurs only after human review and/or the possibility to appeal. For more information about how ratings are determined and used, please see here for rider ratings, here for driver ratings, and here for delivery person ratings. Please also see the section below titled “Ratings look-up” for further information.
- flagging users who are identified as having engaged in fraud, unsafe activity, or other activities that may harm Ridein, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing Ridein’s referral program or has submitted fraudulent documents, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation, or in the European Union or where otherwise required by law, deactivation after human review.
- using driver location information, and communications between riders and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a rider pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the rider a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such an adjustment, please contact Ridein customer support.
- Using driver data (such as location, rating and gender) and rider data (such as rating, origin and destination) to help avoid pairings of users that may result in increased risk of conflict.
- Click the links in this section for more information about these processes. To object to a deactivation resulting from these processes, please contact Ridein customer support.
- In order to improve your app experience and lend stability to our services to you, we may collect information or employ third party plugins that collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, mobile network information, installed applications on device and phone state. The information collected thus will be disclosed to or collected directly by these plugins and may be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the services offered to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of the Ridein Platform
- We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us.
- we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, our use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
- Any personal information about you collected whilst visiting such websites is not governed by this Policy. Ridein shall not be responsible for and has no control over the practices and content of any website accessed using the links contained on the Ridein Platform. This Policy shall not apply to any information you may disclose to any of our service providers/service personnel which we do not require you to disclose to us or any of our service providers under this Policy.
- Data that you give to Ridein, for example, when you make your Ridein account.
- Data is made when you utilize our services, for example, area, utilization, and gadget data.
- Information from other sources, such as Ridein
partners and third parties that use Ridein APIs.
The app does use third-party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Want to attract new users by making it simple to create an account on your website or app? Start with a social media login button with the Ridein App.
Social media logins allow new users to create an account by clicking a button and using the same credentials they use on their favorite social sites with your site.
This allows developers to maximize their reach by connecting with users' social media profiles so users can cross-post between their own social media profiles and websites.
To bring the functionality login, Ridein provides you the feature called “Sign-up with Facebook”, “Sign-up with Google,” or “Sign-Up with Apple.” Using this, you can easily find out all the details according to personalized recommendations.
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile and checkout information: We
collect data when users place orders (including using guest checkout) or
create or update their Ridein accounts. This may include their name,
email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment
or banking information (including related payment verification
information), driver’s license and other government identification
documents (which may indicate document numbers as well as birth date,
gender, and photo). This also includes vehicle or insurance information of
drivers and delivery persons, emergency contact information, user
settings, and evidence of health or fitness to provide services using Ridein
This also includes gender and/or occupation (when required for certain Ridein services or programs, such as Ridein Cash or features that enable women to provide services or receive services to/from other women).
We may use the photos submitted by users to verify their identities, such as through facial verification technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Background check and identity verification (drivers and delivery persons): This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), license status, known aliases and prior addresses, and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Ridein's behalf. We also verify the identities of riders, and of order recipients who request alcohol orders.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic
data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we
may also receive demographic data about users from third
We may also infer demographic data from other data collected from users. For example, where necessary to enable features that allow women to provide or receive services from other women, we may infer gender using their first name. In such cases, we enable users to change their gender if necessary via in-app settings.
- User content: We collect the data submitted by users when they contact Ridein customer support (including at Ridein Greenlight Hubs, or via videoconferencing tools), provide ratings or compliments for other users, restaurants or merchants, or otherwise contact Ridein. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users, including audio or video recordings (such as from dashcams) submitted by users in connection with customer support. This also includes metadata relating to the method you use to communicate with Ridein.
- Travel information: We collect travel
itinerary information, including the times and dates of upcoming flight,
lodging or car rental reservations, from users of our Ridein Travel
feature. We collect such information: (i) when users manually input their
information into a Ridein Travel itinerary; or (2) if authorized by users
to access their Gmail accounts, from travel-related email confirmations.
If so authorized, Ridein will only access users’ Gmail accounts to collect
travel itinerary information to enable the Ridein Travel feature, and will
adhere to Google’s
API Services User Data Policy, including the limitations on the use of data collected from
users’ Gmail accounts.
- We collect such data from users’ mobile
devices if they enable us to do so. (See “Choice and transparency” below
for information on how riders and order recipients can enable location
data collection). Ridein collects such data from the time a ride, or order
is requested until it is finished (and may indicate such collection via an
icon or notification on your mobile device depending on your device’s
operating system), and any time the app is running in the foreground (app
open and on-screen) of their mobile device.
Riders and order recipients may use the Ridein apps without enabling Ridein to collect precise location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect features in the Ridein apps. For example, a rider who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their pickup address.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, payment transaction information (such as a restaurant’s or merchant's name and location and amount of transaction), delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, and type of browser. We may also collect data regarding the third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services, which we use for marketing. (Please see "How We Use Data" below for more information on how we market our services to users).
- 2. Data created during use of our services.
Location data (driver and delivery person): We collect drivers’ and delivery persons’ precise or approximate location data, including to enable rides and deliveries, to enable ride/delivery tracking and safety features, to prevent and detect fraud, and to satisfy legal requirements. Ridein collects this data when the Ridein app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our
Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information
(through third-party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may
include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address,
device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing
our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other
We value your trust in providing us your Personal
Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of
protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet,
or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot
guarantee its absolute security.
These Services do not address anyone under the age
of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from
children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13
has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our
servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has
provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be
able to do the necessary actions.
The information we collect
Data that you give to Ridein, for example, when you make your Ridein account.
Data is made when you utilize our services, for example, area, utilization, and gadget data.
Information from other sources, such as Ridein partners and third parties that use Ridein APIs.
The accompanying data is gathered by or for Ridein:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE:
This may include:
Service Provider’s Profile :
The information we collect on the perspective of identifying are listed below:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Location information
The collection of this information by us is used only for background verification to assure the quality of services.
We collect the data when users create the uber accounts with the app. This includes the following
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Profile Picture
- Banking information
Data collection mainly includes gender and date of birth details. (When required for certain services or programs such as some features enabled to confirm the age and allow them to use the app.
The inclusion of gender permits the users such that women can provide or receive the services to/from the women. This enables the services to be perfectly fit for both genders.
We may use the photo only to verify the identity clearly with the latest technologies. For more information, refer to the section in the title “How We Use Personal Data”.
DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information that we collect for following purposes:
- With Service Providers: We may share your information with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners, such as Payment processing companies, to support our business. For example, your information may be shared with outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications to your devices in relation to our Services, to help us analyze and improve the use of our Services, to process and collect payments. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us.
- With Partner Restaurants/Merchant: While you place a request to order food through the Ridein Platform, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants/merchants with whom you may choose to order. In order to facilitate your online food order processing, we provide your information to that restaurant/merchant in a similar manner as if you had made a food order directly with the restaurant. If you provide a mobile phone number, Ridein may send you text messages regarding the order’s delivery status.
- With Other Users: If you are a delivery partner, we may share your name, phone number and/or profile picture (if applicable), tracking details with other users to provide them the Services.
- For Internal Use: We may share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined below)or affiliates for our internal business purposes The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- We may share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
INFORMATION CREATED WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES:
This may include:
Depending upon the Ridein services you use and your application settings or gadget consents, we may gather your appropriate location data as decided through information, for example, GPS, IP address, and Wi-Fi.
Providers and Users can utilize the Ridein application without permitting Ridein to gather their location information. Be that as it may, this may influence the usefulness accessible on your Ridein application.
For instance, on the off chance that you don't permit Ridein to gather your area data, you should enter your “get address” data physically. What's more, area data will be gathered from the provider and connected to your record, regardless of whether you have not permitted Ridein to gather your area data or not.
We gather service information identified with your utilization of our services, including the kind of services you asked for or gave, your request subtleties, date and time the service was given, money charged. Likewise, on the off chance that somebody utilizes your advancement code, we may connect your name with that individual.
We gather data about how you interface with our services. This incorporates data, for example, get to dates and times, application highlights or pages, application crashes and other framework action, kind of program, and outsider destinations or services you were utilizing before cooperating with our services.
Sometimes, we gather this data through treats, pixel labels, and comparable advancements that make and keep up remarkable identifiers. To discover increasingly about these advancements, if it's not too much trouble see our Cookie Statement.
We empower our users to speak with one another and Ridein by means of the Ridein applications, sites, and other services. For instance, we empower providers and Handy users, who are beneficiaries, to call one another (in a few nations, without revealing their phone numbers to one another).
To give this administration, Ridein gets some data with respect to the calls, including the date and time of the call/content and the substance of the interchanges. Ridein may likewise utilize this data for customer support services (counting to determine questions between users), for wellbeing and security purposes, to enhance our items and services, and for investigation.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES:
This may include:
1. Information from mobile devices
While you accessing the Ridein App, we collect the information when
Account creation/registration in the apps
As a service provider or as the user
Electronic money and/or electronic wallet
Usage of chat features in the apps
During feedback collection
1. Information Collection While Using App
Whenever you use the Ridein App, you may give us the technical and location data . If the app is accessed via the mobile device, then it will track and collect the geo-location information in real-time.
Location Permission: When using the Ridein app via mobile app, users are directed to activate the Global Positioning System(GPS) to enable us to give the better experience.
Contact Permission: Whenever the service or delivery booking happens in the app, contact address is an essential thing. On providing consent to access the contact details, Ridein collects the billing address, delivery address, email, phone etc.
Camera Permission: While using Ridein app, search via images needs the access of the camera. Giving permission to use the camera makes the users take the picture easily.
External Storage Permission: You may give access to use the external storage or media in mobile phones while using the app.
Ridein employees through which you make or access your Ridein account, for example, installment suppliers, internet-based life services, or applications or sites that utilize Ridein APIs or whose APIs Ridein utilizes, (for example, when you arrange a stumble on Google Maps).
Money-related services suppliers (on the off chance that you are a provider).
Accomplice transport organizations (in the event that you are a provider who utilizes our services through a record related to such an organization).
The proprietor of a Ridein for Business or Ridein provider profile that you use.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Ridein may consolidate the data gathered from these sources with other
data in its ownership.
How we use personal data
- Ridein uses personal data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use such data:
- to enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- for customer support
- for research and development
- to enable communications between users
- in connection with legal proceedings
"Ridein does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent"
Safety & Security
In order to maintain the security and integrity of services, We use your personal data. This includes
- User’s identity verification and the eligibility confirmation to use the services without any interruptions
- Accurate detection of the unsafe driving behavior
- With the use of location, user details, fraudulent accounts detection, and prevention of accessing the services by the unauthorized people
- Using ratings/ reportings from user data, the feedback encourages the service to comply with standards set by the community.
Ridein uses this personal information to address and investigate the user's concerns and provide the responses at the right time.
The collection of date of birth, gender, and related personal information by Ridein was used to improve the user experience. This information also helps us to offer the services in a convenient and easy-to-use manner.
Enable In-App Communication
Collecting personal data is a helpful one for immediate market needs. This includes sending messages to the users regarding
- New features update
Communication in the form of email, SMS, social-media is enabled only after getting consent from the user side. Ridein transparency is getting from the user side to enable marketing efforts to be efficient.
Also, Ridein uses the data to send alerts regarding non-marketing aspects:
- Privacy policies
- Legal Proceedings/Essentials
Ridein uses personal data to address any claims and disputes related to our services. To meet the requirements fall under laws, regulations, and the operating licenses or agreements related to cover legal aspects.
By using the Ridein Platform and the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the Ridein Platform.
Cookies and third-party technologies
Cookies are little content documents that are put away on your program or gadget by sites, applications, online media, and commercials. Ridein utilizes treats and comparable advancements for purposes, for example,
- Recollecting customer inclinations and settings
- Deciding the prevalence of substance
- Conveying and estimating the viability of publicizing efforts
Investigating webpage traffic and inclines, and by and large understanding the online conduct and premiums of individuals who associate with our administrations.
These substances may utilize treats, web reference points, SDKs, and different innovations to recognize your gadget when you visit our webpage and utilize our administrations, and in addition when you visit other online locales and administrations.
It would be ideal if you see our Cookie Statement for more data with respect to the utilization of cookies and different advances portrayed in this area, including in regards to your decisions identifying with such advances.
Choice and Transparency
Ridein gives the way to you to see and control the data that Ridein gathers, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app rating pages
- Marketing opt-outs
You can likewise ask Ridein to give you clarification, duplicates, or revision of your information.
The Privacy Settings menu in the Ridein Provider application enables clients to set or refresh their area and contacts sharing inclinations, and their inclinations for getting portable notices from Ridein. Data on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the impact of killing these settings are depicted underneath.
Ridein utilizes users' gadget area administrations to make it simpler to get a sheltered, dependable Handy service at whatever point you require one. Area information enhances our administrations, including pick-ups, routes, and client bolster.
You can empower/incapacitate or change Ridein accumulation of user area data whenever through the Privacy Settings menu in the Ridein application, or by means of the settings on your cell phone.
On the off chance that you cripple the gadget area benefits on your gadget, your utilization of the Ridein application will be influenced. For instance, you should enter your get or drop-off areas physically.
What's more, area data will be gathered from the provider amid your outing and connected to your record, regardless of whether you have not empowered Ridein to gather your area data.
Notifications: Account and handy service updates
Ridein gives clients arranged status warnings and updates identified with your record. These warnings are an important piece of utilizing the Ridein application and can't be handicapped. In any case, you can pick the strategy by which you get these notices through the Privacy Settings menu in the Ridein application.
Notifications: Discounts and news
You can enable Ridein to send you push warnings about limits and news from Ridein. You can enable/impair these notices whenever through the Privacy Settings menu in the Ridein application.
Ridein enables users to access and/or control data that Ridein collects, including through:
1. privacy settings
2. device permissions
3. in-app ratings pages
Ridein also enables users to request access to or copies of their data,
changes or updates to their accounts, or deletion of their accounts, or Ridein
restricts its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
The Settings > Privacy menu in the Ridein app allows riders and order
recipients to set or update their preferences regarding location data
collection and sharing, emergency data sharing, and notifications.
Location data collection (riders and order recipients)
Riders and order recipients can enable/disable Ridein to collect
location data from their mobile devices through their device settings, which
can be accessed via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu.
Share Live Location (Riders)
Riders can enable/disable Ridein to share their real-time location data
from their mobile devices with their drivers through their device settings,
which can be accessed via the Settings > Privacy > Location
Emergency Data Sharing
Riders may enable Ridein to share real-time location data from their mobile devices with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data may include approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the rider’s name and phone number; pickup and dropoff locations; and the driver’s name.
Riders may enable/disable this feature via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu, or the Safety Center.
Drivers and delivery persons can also enable/disable Emergency Data
Sharing via the App side menu > Emergency contacts,
Notifications: account and trip updates
Ridein provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Ridein app and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications through the Settings > Privacy menu.
Users may enable Ridein to send push notifications about discounts and
news from Ridein.
Communications from restaurants and merchants
Users may opt-in to receive communications from certain restaurants
while placing an order in the Ridein Eats app. Those who opt-in may choose to
cease receiving such communications through the Your trip > Call
Most portable stages (iOS, Android, and so on.) have characterized specific kinds of gadget information that applications can't access without your assent. These stages have diverse authorization frameworks for acquiring your assent.
The iOS stage will caution you that the first run through the Ridein application needs the authorization to get to particular sorts of information and will give you a chance to assent (or not assent) to that.
Android gadgets will advise you of the authorizations that the Ridein
application looks for before you first utilize the application, and your
utilization of the application establishes your assent.
In-app ratings pages
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, rider ratings are available to drivers from whom they request transportation, and driver ratings are available to their riders.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for drivers and riders.
Riders can see their average rating in the main menu of the Ridein app.
Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the Ridein Driver app.
Delivery persons may also be rated by order recipients, restaurants, and
merchants. Click here for more information.
DATA SECURITY PRECAUTIONS:
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us.
We use vault and tokenization services from third party service providers to protect the sensitive personal information provided by you. The third-party service providers with respect to our vault and tokenization services and our payment gateway and payment processing are compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). You are advised not to send your full credit/debit card details through unencrypted electronic platforms. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of the Ridein Platform, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please we aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Ridein Platform. Once we have received your information, we will use strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to try to prevent unauthorised access.
User personal data requests
Ridein provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Ridein’s handling of their personal data.
Accessing data: Users can access data including their profile data and trip or order history through the Ridein apps or via Ridein’s website. Users can also use our Explore Your Data feature to view an online summary of information about their account, such as number of trips or orders, rating, rewards status, and number of days since they’ve been an Ridein user. Users can also request access to their data here.
Receiving data: Users can request a copy of their personal data using our Download Your Data tool. For an overview of the data available through that tool, please click here. Users may also request a copy of their data here.
Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Ridein’s apps or driver portal. Users may also request to update or correct their data here.
Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Ridein app, or through Ridein’s website (riders and order recipients here; drivers and delivery persons here).
Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. This includes objecting to our use of personal data that is based on Ridein’s legitimate interests. Ridein may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to Ridein’s handling of their personal data with the data protection authority in their country. For example, users in the European Union and South America may submit such requests to the data protection authorities in the country in which they live.
Users may submit the above requests here.
Updates to this policy:
We may sometimes refresh this arrangement. On the off chance that we roll out huge improvements, we will inform you of the progressions through the Ridein applications or through other implies, for example, email.
To the degree allowed under pertinent law, by utilizing our administrations after such notice, you agree to our updates to this strategy.
We urge you to occasionally survey this strategy for the most recent data on our protection rehearsals. We will likewise make earlier forms of our protection strategies accessible for the survey.
Data Deletion Policy
This sets out our policy for responding to requests for deletion of data under data protection law. This policy explains the rights of the data subject in relation to data deletion and the responsibilities of Ridein in responding to such a request.
1. Individual Rights
An individual has the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten. The principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
1. When does the right to erasure apply?
As stipulated in data protection law, individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
• When the individual withdraws consent;
• When the individual objects to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the relevant processing activity;
• When the personal data was unlawfully processed;
• Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
1. What information does Ridein retain?
If consent is provided, personal data (including the above, plus address, telephone number, and notes) may be stored in our CRM system for the purposes of contacting you regarding Ridein news, products, and promotions.
1. How can data be deleted?
If you have purchased a grocery delivery report directly from Ridein, Ridein acts as a data controller. In this case, we will delete the consent customer details (Details) upon request (via email to email@example.com)upon closure of your account.
If an organization purchases access to the Ridein Online Account, Ridein acts as the data processor and the customer acts as data controller. In this case, it is the responsibility of the customer, as data controller, to ensure that data is not held longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is intended.
A user of the Ridein Online Account, acting on behalf of their organization, can delete data from their online system whenever they wish. This data is deleted from the system immediately and cannot be recovered by any users or Ridein employees after this point.
Data that has been deleted or otherwise destroyed can not be recovered at any time. A sufficient warning is given to the account administrator before data is permanently deleted.
Data may still remain in the systems' backup files, which will be deleted periodically. Information may be deleted from our CRM.
We undertake to perform the deletion within one month (30 calendar days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.
If you come across any abuse or violation of the Policy, please report
This policy is effective as of 2022-09-30